ADVERTISEMENT

Monday, October 19, 2009

About my pet peeves:

Forums. And comment threads on sites like YouTube. This link will give you more of an idea why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnkFYTSeT_U

I take it further. I just don't believe in forums and comments. They're just magnets for negativity and people with chips on their shoulders looking to prove a point tothe rest of the world. They take everything to extremes, take everything personal and are oblivious that others may not be as serious as they are. I have occasionally posted in comments lately, but I don't go back and reply or "defend my position" as if it's necessary. Not that I'm saying I'm always right (I say stupid things, mainly for silly-fun-time reasons). If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but I'm not going to waste my time fighting with someone I don't know just to feed their need for attention and conflict because they can't stand it that other people may not have the same opinion as they do (real or perceived). These people are the people who watch Jon Stewart or read the Onion and have to take everything said as a challenge for debate. And that's sad. Because they will never admit they're taking things the wrong way. There's a name for personalities like this. It's called "douchebag".

No comments: